Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Cover for Retribution´s album: Corpus AntiChristi Y3K

Detail + Final CD Cover


Some weeks ago I finished one of my funniest commissions I´ve ever done. The metal band "Retribution" asked me months ago to illustrate their album "Corpus Antichristi Y3K". It has been a very pleasent work, in which they let me a lot of freedom to design and paint.

From some starting issues "satanic - antichrist - apocalyptic" they let me to propose some ideas for the cover. I selected three of my first ideas and tested some variations with the logos (logos done by Christophe Szpajdel) to ask the band what one do they preffer.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hace algunas semanas terminé uno de los encargos más divertidos que he hecho. La banda de metal "Retribution" me pidió meses atrás que ilustrara su albúm "Corpus Antichristi Y3K". Ha sido un trabajo muy agradable, en el que me han dado libertad para diseñar y dar forma al trabajo.

A partir de unos conceptos de partida "satánico - anticristiano - apocalíptico" me dejan que les proponga las ideas que se me ocurran para la portada. Elegí tres de las primera y las probé con algunas variaciones con los logos ( logos de Christophe Szpajdel) para preguntarles cual preferían.

Cover Sketches


They chose the woman with the snake, holding the heart and calyx. Next step was painting and adding a background. I proposed a "Tree of Death" with dead bodies hanging and we go on with the scene. I didn´t want to add colour to the pic, only blood and a very soft tone that, with this light, reminds me to an old film photogram.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eligieron a la mujer con la serpiente, sujetando el corazón y el cáliz. El siguiente paso ya era definir y añadir un fondo. Me gustó la idea de añadir un "Árbol de la Muerte" con cadáveras colgando y continuamos con la escena. No quise añadir más color a la escena que la sangre, sólo un ligero tono que con la luz me recuerda a un fotograma de película antigua.

Cover Process

Final Illustration

Final Cover

If you want to know more about the band RETRIBUTION
Facebook page HERE
ReverbNation page HERE

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Si quieres saber más sobre la banda RETRIBUTION
Página de Facebook AQUÍ
Página de ReverbNation  AQUÍ







No comments:

Post a Comment